0 items - £0.00
Enhancing your Solar PV installation with Voltage Optimisation
Combining your Solar PV system with a Voltage Optimiser can help address the additional challenges posed by having a Solar PV system installed. Your Solar PV inverter will need to step up the voltage to above the existing mains voltage when it feeds energy back to the grid. This could mean that some of your appliances will be subjected to a higher voltage than the mains supply. This may, sometimes, reduce the savings that you would initially gain from your Solar PV system.
When combined with Solar PV, voltage optimisation systems can also help address the additional challenges posed by installing a Solar PV system, namely the need for the Solar PV inverter to step up the voltage to above the existing mains voltage, enabling electricity generated to be fed back into the grid. This can mean that electrical appliances are subjected to a higher voltage than the original mains voltage and can sometimes reduce the savings initially created by the Solar PV units.
By having the two technologies installed with each other will allow you to attain a larger reduction in consumption and CO2 emissions. This will result in a quicker return on your investment.
The benefits in Solar PV voltage optimisation include:
- Reductions in the overall energy use of the property.
- Reductions in the importation of electricity.
- Reduced heat build-up within the inverter as the voltage is lower.
- Increased lifespan of the inverter.
- Frequency of cut-outs reduced.
- Wear and tear on appliances reduced, this could result in a longer service life particularly when using the power from your Solar PV system as the voltage is higher.
- Can be simply retrofitted to existing Solar PV systems.
If you want to know more, contact one of our trained staff on 0800 0699 607 or send us your details HERE, and we will get back to you.