0 items - £0.00
Powerpac are award winning leaders in the Planning, Design and Installation of Solar PV systems.
Our clients range from homeowners to large companies, and everything in between. So whether you are domestic, comercial or agricultural, we can design and install a system that will go beyond your expectations.
Our trained electrical engineers have a vast experience in ensuring that your Solar PV system will be one that you are not just happy with but actually proud of.
If you would like a free, no obligation comprehensive quote from us contact us HERE and we will arrange a site visit to discuss your wishes.
What is Solar PV?
Solar PV panels generate electricity by converting sunlight. You do not need direct sunlight to generate the power as the panels will still generate on overcast days. The cells convert the sunlight into electricity, which can be used to run household appliances and lighting, in fact anything electrical, even a plug-in electric car!
Benefits of having a Solar PV system:
- Reduced electricity bills. As sunlight is free you will need to take less from the grid reducing your electricity bills.
- Getting paid for the electricity you generate. The government Feed-In-Tariff scheme enables you to get paid for the electricity that your Solar PV system generates, even if you use it yourself.
- Selling your unused electricity back to the grid. During periods that you are generating more than you are using you can sell this back to the grid through the Feed-In-Tariff scheme.
- Cutting your carbon footprint. Generating electricity through a Solar PV system does not create any CO2 or other pollutants.A typical system could save over a tonne and a half of CO2 per year, thats 30 tonnes for their expected life.
Solar PV is still a good Investment for your money
- Award winning Efficient Tidy installation
- 7.28% return higher than Annuity (2%), ISA (1.68%) & Premium Bonds (0.14%)
- Guaranteed tax free yearly income from the government through the feed-in tariff scheme
- VAT for installation only 5%
- Index linked to protect investment against volatile financial markets
- The more electricity prices rise, the more you save
- The minimum expected lifespan of solar panels is 25 years meaning you save even more in the future and have longer protection to rising electricity costs
- Add value to your property
- Very low risk investment due to the tax free, index linked and government guaranteed 20 year income
Types of Solar PV:
On Roof Panel - These are fitted on a mounting kit that sits on top of your roof tiles. This is the most common, and cheapest, way that solar panels are fitted to a property.
In Roof Panels - These are fitted on a mounting that sits upon the rafters. This gives the effect of the panels being part of the roof as they sit level with the surrounding tiles.
Solar Tiles - These are shaped like roof tiles and fit in with the tiles making them hardly noticible.
Extras to help you get more from your system:
Solar Immersion - When you genrate more than you are using this excess can be redirected to your immersion heater providing you with FREE hot water.
Monitoring Systems - You can obtain sophisticated monitoring systems that will show how much electricity your solar system is generating, how much you are using and even how much CO2 you are saving.
Battery Systems - These will take the excess generated by your system and store it for times when you are using more than you are generating.
Voltage Optimisers - These can be used to increase the output of your system in certain circumstances.
Electric Vehicle Charging Station - If you have a plug-in vehicle and install an EV charging station with your solar system then you could fuel your car for FREE.